DescriptionNow in its third edition, Commercial Law – Fresh Perspectives offers non-law students an ideal introduction to Commercial Law as it is taught in South African tertiary institutions. In a lively blend of theory and practice, it provides students with comprehensive coverage of Commercial Law as required by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants.
This book contains four parts:
Part 1: Introduction to Commercial Law;
Part 2: General principles of contracts;
Part 3: Types of contracts; and
Part 4: Important aspects of Commercial Law.
- The chapter openers start with the main ideas and skills in each chapter, give a general introduction to the chapters and encourage students to explore and question prior knowledge.
- Topics are covered with appropriate theory, skills and case law.
- Margin notes provide definitions of key terms where they appear in the book.
- Activities and case studies throughout the text promote active thinking and the practice of skills.
- Added value boxes provide additional knowledge and interesting facts relating to the topics.
- Engaging diagrams and tables give visual support in the explanation of concepts.
- Reference to, and discussion of, relevant cases and situations illustrate the integration of theory and practice in law.
- Chapter summaries consolidate what is taught in each chapter.
- “Review your understanding” sections at the end of each chapter provide students with ample practice opportunities.
This eBook is in ePDF format, which enables you to:
- View the entire book offline on desktop or tablet;
- Search for and highlight text; and
- Add and edit personal notes directly in your eBook.