Principles of Molecular Virology, Sixth Edition, provides an easily accessible introduction to modern virology, presenting principles in a clear and concise manner.
This fully updated edition explores and explains the fundamental aspects of virology, including the structure of virus particles and genome, replication, gene expression, infection, pathogenesis and subviral agents.
In addition, this update reflects advances made in the field, including HIV pathogenesis, cryoelectron microscopy, bioinformatics, and RNA interference.
- Provides a conceptual approach to the principles of molecular virology, with important examples of new advances in virology
- Includes online resources for students and instructors
- New concepts in this edition include coverage of newly discovered and emergent viruses such as MERS and Ebola
- Presents new and updated information on bioinformatics and metagenomics
- Contains updated learning outcomes and further reading for each chapter