Get up and running with AutoCAD using Gindis’ combination of step-by-step instruction, examples and insightful explanations. The emphasis from the beginning is on core concepts and practical application of AutoCAD in engineering, architecture, and design. Equally useful in instructor-led classroom training, self-study, or as a professional reference, the book is written with the user in mind by a long-time AutoCAD professional and instructor based on what works in the industry and the classroom.
- Strips away complexities and reduces AutoCAD to easy-to-understand basic concepts.
- Fully covers the essentials of both 2D and 3D in one affordable easy to read volume
- All basic commands are documented step-by-step: what the student needs to type in and how AutoCAD responds is all spelled out in discrete and clear steps with screen shots added as needed.
- Companion website with full series of video lectures that follow all 30 chapters
New to Up and Running with AutoCAD 2016:
- New end-of-chapter exercises, with a special focus on Level II and III (3D) sections
- Addition of several new civil engineering drawing examples to address that special interest of users.
- An expanded and clarified treatment of Materials and Rendering (Chapter 30).
- New Appendix titled “3D Printing Technologies” to address this growing technology field.