Our Terms & Conditions
Terms And Conditions
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Paperless School Pty Ltd (Pty) Ltd. The copyright in the material contained on this website belongs to Paperless School Pty Ltd or its licensors. The trademarks appearing on this site are protected by the laws of South Africa and international trademark laws. The information on this website has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing selected information about Paperless School Pty Ltd, its subsidiary companies, companies and organisations it is associated with and the services that they offer. This website and its contents are provided for use “as is”. Paperless School Pty Ltd makes no representations or warranties with respect to this website or its contents, all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantibility and fitness for purpose relating to this website and/or its content and/or any website to which it is linked are hereby to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. No representations or warranties are given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this website, or any website to which it is linked. In no event shall Paperless School Pty Ltd or its employees, agents, suppliers, or contractors be liable for any damages of any nature, including without limitation any consequential loss, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or any other loss, cost, claim or expense of any kind or character arising out of or in connection with the use of this website, its content or any website with which it is linked. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law. No licence is granted in respect of any intellectual property rights vested in Paperless School Pty Ltd or other third parties. If you do not wish us to contact you in the future please let us know by sending an email to us or by writing to us and informing us that you do not wish to be contacted by us. Please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Paperless School Pty Ltd . The copyright in the material contained on this website belongs to Paperless School Pty Ltd. or its licensors. The trademarks appearing on this site are protected by the laws of South Africa and international trademark laws.
The information on this website has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing selected information about Paperless School Pty Ltd., its subsidiary companies, companies and organisations it is associated with and the services that they offer.
This website and its contents are provided for use “as is”. Paperless School Pty Ltd makes no representations or warranties with respect to this website or its contents, all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose relating to this website and/or its content and/or any website to which it is linked are hereby to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. No representations or warranties are given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this website, or any website to which it is linked.
In no event shall Paperless School Pty Ltd or its employees, agents, suppliers, or contractors be liable for any damages of any nature, including without limitation any consequential loss, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or any other loss, cost, claim or expense of any kind or character arising out of or in connection with the use of this website, its content or any website with which it is linked. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law.
No licence is granted in respect of any intellectual property rights vested in Paperless School Pty Ltd or other third parties.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Sale of goods
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale govern the sale of products (“Goods“) by us to you via the Site. The Terms and Conditions of Sale recorded in this clause 9 are in addition to our standard terms and conditions of (a) supply of goods or services; and (b) use of the Website, which can be viewed at https://www.paperlesschool.co.za/ or obtained from our Customer Experience team.
- In respect of the sale of electronic or digital books and/or products (“eBooks”) via ourSite, the following terms shall apply:
- eBooks may be used on up to a maximum of 4 (four) devices, which means 2 (two)personal computer and 2 (two) mobile devices only, unless further limited by the product description of the relevant eBook or any terms and conditions applicable to any platform/reader through which the eBook is accessed.
- eBooks may be used solely for individual, personal, and non-commercial and non-transferable use, and may not be shared, distributed or hosted online.
- Subject to the restriction on total number of devices, eBooks may only be re-downloaded if previously purchased by you for (i) duration of the license period or (ii) as long as the eBook is available for sale, whichever is shorter.
- You may not cut, paste, data scrape or forward the eBook or any part thereof. Printing is limited to a maximum of 2 (two) pages per eBook only, unless otherwise specified in the product description of the relevant eBook.
- In order to access any eBooks purchased, you must register on the relevant eBook platform and/or reader through which the eBook is made available (as described in the product description of the relevant eBook) and accept any terms and conditions applicable in respect of such platform and/or reader. In the event of any conflict between the terms and conditions of the relevant platform/reader and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall, unless expressly otherwise stated herein, take precedence and shall prevail.
- All ebook purchases are automated and must be guaranteed. No order cancellations can be processed
- All rights to eBooks, eBook content, images, covers and trademarks associated therewith belong to the publishers, authors and/or licensors thereof and are governed by copyright law and the terms and conditions established by the rights owners of the eBooks.
- Once you tick the box indicating acceptance of these Terms and Conditions or place an order for the Goods, these Terms and Conditions of Sale form a legally-binding agreement between you and us. You may contact us via email at email@example.com to obtain a full record of your transaction. We will confirm all your purchase orders with you via email.
- Payment can be made via the site by –
- Credit card- where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to verify the validity of payment. In such cases we reserve the right to withhold delivery until such time as this additional information is acquired;
- Direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer, in which event, you must make payment within 5 days of placing your order, and we will not execute the order until receiving confirmation that payment has been received; or
- PayFast. For a step-by-step guide on using PayFast, you will be directed to the payment portal, which will assist you in using PayFast for purposes of paying for your Goods.
- Payment can be made via the site by –
- Once you accept these Terms and Conditions of Sale, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
- Printed Book And Devices Purchases and Returns
Please note we supply and provide our textbook titles as e-books downloadable immediately after purchasing. All quotation are provided as e-books. Should you be purchasing printed textbooks, phone, tablets, and laptops please note the following
- Please confirm availability of stock prior to payment
- All titles, devices, tablets, phones and laptops ordered are based on firm sales, and no returns will be accepted
- Goods may be returned only when defective, damaged or if the product supplied is not the same product as what was ordered. If the Goods are defective in any way this must be reported as soon as reasonably possible after the product having been delivered to you and must be returned to us within a period of 6 months after delivery. If the Goods are not the same as what was ordered this must be reported within 24 hours of delivery. Any damage must also be immediately reported, within 24 hours of delivery.
- If the Goods have been approved for return, we will notify you and either arrange for our couriers to collect the item from you or request that you post it back to us or ask you to return the item to our current warehouse location, dependent on your original order’s shipping method. Should you need to post the Goods to us please only send it to our postal address.
- If you are returning Goods via courier or post office please package it carefully so that it does not become damaged en route. Please include the Returns Request Number and a copy of your original invoice with any return. In respect of e-Books, you undertake to delete the downloaded content from the devices to which you have downloaded it to.
- You are entitled to cancel your order for the Goods within 10 (ten) business days of the Goods having been delivered to you. In such an event –
- you will receive a 75% refund of the purchase price within 30 days of the date of cancelling this agreement; a 25% handling fee is going to be charged
- you undertake not to utilise the Goods; and
- your agreement of purchase will be deemed to have been cancelled; and
- you will be liable for the direct costs of returning the Goods, such as courier and shipping charges.
- We will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible approximately within 7-10 working days, but no later than 45 days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to proceed with your order for the Goods. If you elect not to proceed with your order, we will reimburse you with the purchase price within 30 days of having informed you that we are not able to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period.
Effective Date: January 2015
Paperless School Pty Ltd: Online Privacy Notice
We at Paperless School Pty Ltd respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you. This Online Privacy Notice applies to personal information we collect on this website (the “Site”).
This Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on the Site, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
Information We Collect
We may obtain certain personal information (such as your name, email address, address and other contact details) when you choose to provide them through our Site. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- contact information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number
- date of birth
- username and password
- personal information in content you provide on our Site
- educational information, such as your school and grades
- employment information
- payment information, such as name, billing address, shipping address and phone number
- information concerning your interests and product preferences
In addition, when you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner may include IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. On this Site, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you close your browser, they are deleted. Persistent cookies, in contrast, last beyond each visit to the Site and remain on your hard drive after you close your browser. The cookies used on the Site include those that are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies) and remember your choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that provide you with targeted content or advertising.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your computer when you visit the Site
- to track you as you navigate the Site, and to enable the use of e-commerce capabilities
- to improve the Site’s usability
- to analyze use of the Site
- to manage the Site
- to personalize the Site , including targeted advertisements that may be of particular interest to you.
We also may use “web beacons” on our Site. A web beacon, also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, may be used to transmit information collected through cookies to our service providers’ servers, such as the server of Google Adwords. These web beacons enable our service providers to compile anonymous information about your browsing activity on the Site. For more information, see the section on “Online Tracking” below.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain through the Site to:
- create and manage your account;
- offer and provide products, services and information to you, including newsletters;
- permit you to participate in blogs, forums, and discussion groups;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions, to the extent permitted by law;
- display content on our Site, such as stories, product reviews and photos;
- respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) recognizing your computer when you visit the Site, (ii) tracking you as you navigate the Site, and enabling the use of e-commerce capabilities, (iii) improving the Site’s usability, (iv) analyzing use of the Site, (v) managing the Site, and (vi) personalizing the Site , including targeted content and advertisements that may be of particular interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Site, identify users of our Site, and gather demographic information about our users. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Site, how users navigate through our Site, and how we may tailor our Site to better meet the needs of our users.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how users use our Site. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. These service providers may retain and use anonymised, aggregated data collected from users of our Site in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services. To learn more about opting out of data collection through Google Analytics, click the link below:
On the Site, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. This section of our Online Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
We may use features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. That includes obtaining specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium and keywords used to visit our Site.
Information We Share
We may share the information you provide with companies that are related to Paperless School Pty Ltd through common ownership. We may also share the personal information we obtain with our publishing partners.
If you agree, we may share information about you with non-affiliated joint marketing partners and/or third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. These third parties may contact you directly about their products and services. We will not share your information with these third parties for their own marketing purposes if you request that we not do so. We may, however, engage in joint marketing activities with selected third parties and may share personal information about our Site visitors with them.
We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, when you make a purchase we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction. In addition, we may retain third party service providers to manage our customer databases or distribute e-mail offerings.
Our Site may feature blogs, forums and discussion groups. Please be aware that some or all of the information you provide (including personal information) in connection with these activities may be made publicly available.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Links To Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These may include, for example, some of the blogs and forums you may access through this Site. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Paperless School Pty Ltd any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on our Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Site, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We give you the option of requesting that we not share personal information about you with third parties that are unrelated by common ownership with Paperless School Pty Ltd for marketing purposes. Click here to send us an e-mail with your name and e-mail address if you DO NOT want us to share your personal information with unrelated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We also give you the option of requesting that we not use your information for marketing purposes, or share your information with related companies for their own marketing purposes. Click here to send us an e-mail with your name and e-mail address, if you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, or share your information with related companies for their own marketing purposes.
Please be aware that we are able to process an opt-out request only for a specific e-mail address. So, if you have more than one e-mail address or if you have changed your e-mail address, your opt-out request may not be processed properly. If you believe you have opted out, but continue to receive e-mails from us, please contact us by one of the means listed under “How to Contact Us” below, and we will endeavor to resolve the issue.
Access and Correction
Subject to applicable law, you may (i) have the right to access certain personal information we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information, (ii) update or correct inaccuracies in that information, (iii) object to our use of your personal information, and (iv) delete your personal information from our database. To exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. A charge may be applicable before we provide a copy to you of any of your personal information that we maintain.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Online Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. Where your personal information is collected in the EEA and we then transfer it outside the EEA, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is in place to protect your personal information.
Updates To Our Online Privacy Notice
Changes to this Online Privacy Notice will become effective when those changes are posted to the Site. Your continued use of the Site subsequent to any change to this Online Privacy Notice constitutes your acceptance of the change. Please review this statement periodically to ensure you are aware of any changes or updates to this Online Privacy Notice. We indicate the effective date of this Online Privacy Notice (and any updates) at the top of the Notice.