‘Bottom line: For a holistic view of chemical engineering design, this book provides as much, if not more, than any other book available on the topic.’ Extract from Chemical Engineering Resources review.
Chemical Engineering Design is a complete course text for students of chemical engineering. Written for the Senior Design Course, and also suitable for introduction to chemical engineering courses, it covers the basics of unit operations and the latest aspects of process design, equipment selection, plant and operating economics, safety and loss prevention. It is a textbook that students will want to keep through their undergraduate education and on into their professional lives.
-New to this edition:
- Revised organization into Part I: Process Design, and Part II: Plant Design. The broad themes of Part I are flowsheet development, economic analysis, safety and environmental impact and optimization. Part II contains chapters on equipment design and selection that can be used as supplements to a lecture course or as essential references for students or practicing engineers working on design projects.
- New discussion of conceptual plant design, flowsheet development and revamp design
- Significantly increased coverage of capital cost estimation, process costing and economics
- New chapters on equipment selection, reactor design and solids handling processes
- New sections on fermentation, adsorption, membrane separations, ion exchange and chromatography
- Increased coverage of batch processing, food, pharmaceutical and biological processes
- All equipment chapters in Part II revised and updated with current information
- Updated throughout for latest US codes and standards, including API, ASME and ISA design codes and ANSI standards
- Additional worked examples and homework problems
-The most complete and up to date coverage of equipment selection
-108 realistic commercial design projects from diverse industries
-A rigorous pedagogy assists learning, with detailed worked examples, end of chapter exercises,
plus supporting data and Excel spreadsheet calculations plus over 150 Patent References, for
downloading from the companion website
-Extensive instructor resources: 1170 lecture slides on CD plus fully worked solutions manual available to adopting instructors