Now in its 7th edition, Mathematical Methods for Physicists continues to provide all the mathematical methods that aspiring scientists and engineers are likely to encounter as students and beginning researchers. This bestselling text provides mathematical relations and their proofs essential to the study of physics and related fields. While retaining the key features of the 6th edition, the new edition provides a more careful balance of explanation, theory, and examples. Taking a problem-solving-skills approach to incorporating theorems with applications, the book’s improved focus will help students succeed throughout their academic careers and well into their professions. Some notable enhancements include more refined and focused content in important topics, improved organization, updated notations, extensive explanations and intuitive exercise sets, a wider range of problem solutions, improvement in the placement, and a wider range of difficulty of exercises.
- Revised and updated version of the leading text in mathematical physics
- Focuses on problem-solving skills and active learning, offering numerous chapter problems
- Clearly identified definitions, theorems, and proofs promote clarity and understanding
New to this edition:
- Improved modular chapters
- New up-to-date examples
- More intuitive explanations