The seminal text Plant Virology is now in its fifth edition. It has been 10 years since the publication of the fourth edition, during which there has been an explosion of conceptual and factual advances. The fifth edition of Plant Virology updates and revises many details of the previous edition while retaining the important earlier results that constitute the field’s conceptual foundation. Revamped art, along with fully updated references and increased focus on molecular biology, transgenic resistance, aphid transmission, and new, cutting-edge topics, bring the volume up to date and maintain its value as an essential reference for researchers and students in the field.
- Thumbnail sketches of each genera and family groups
- Genome maps of all genera for which they are known
- Genetic engineered resistance strategies for virus disease control
- Latest understanding of virus interactions with plants, including gene silencing
- Interactions between viruses and insect, fungal, and nematode vectors
- Contains over 300 full-color illustrations