Written by world-renowned and best-selling experts, Nobel Laureate E. J. Corey and Laszlo Kurti, Enantioselective Chemical Synthesis offers an authoritative and comprehensive overview of the field’s progress; the processes and tools for key formations; future development for complex, stereocontrolled (enantiomeric or diastereoisomeric) molecules; and valuable examples of multi-step syntheses. Utilizing a color-coded scheme to illustrate chemical transformations, Enantioselective Chemical Synthesis provides clear explanation and guidance through vital asymmetrical syntheses and insight into the next steps for the field. Researchers, professionals, and academics will benefit from this valuable, thorough, and unique resource.
- In Part I, the authors present clearly, comprehensively and concisely the most useful enantioselective processes available to synthetic chemists.
- Part II provides an extensive discussion of the most logical ways to apply these new enantioselective methods to the planning of syntheses of stereochemically complex molecules. This hitherto neglected area is essential for the advancement of enantioselective synthesis to a more rational and powerful level.
- Part III describes in detail many reaction sequences which have been used successfully for the construction of a wide variety of complex target molecules
- Clearly explains stereochemical synthesis in theory and practice
- Provides a handy tool box for scientists wishing to understand and apply chiral chemical synthesis
- Describes almost 50 real life examples of asymmetric synthesis in practice and examines how the chiral centers were introduced at key synthetic stages