This comprehensive overview of research and clinical practice in PTSD includes new insights into assessment with regard to DSM-5 and ICD-11, discussion of ongoing controversies in the field as to what constitutes safe and effective care, and new research as to assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of PTSD. The second edition includes new coverage of the neurobiology of PTSD, PTSD in special populations, and forensic issues relating to PTSD.
- Synthesizes research and clinical developments on PTSD
- Highlights key controversies, issues, and developments in the field
- Provides case studies for better understanding of clinical care
- Encompasses DSM-5 and ICD-11 major revisions to PTSD symptoms
- Includes new coverage of neurobiology and genetics of PTSD
- Includes advances in prevention and treatment of PTSD
- Includes new coverage of forensic issues related to PTSD